Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rant, Rant, Rant

Dear NOT-SO-Imaginary Readers,

I need to post more often, so I'm going to. If you end up with some deep thought-like posts, deal with it. You can ignore those if you're more of a light-hearted stupid-post person. If you end up with some light-hearted stupid-post person, deal with it. You can ignore them if you want to. If you end up with writing-influenced posts and don't like them, ummm, why are you here? *points at the point of the ENTIRE blog* :P

Today I was going to go into some deep-thought super crazy deep post, but I figured that I'd just complain about society and the media instead. And I might even go into how the whole stereotypical high school relationship thing is bothering the HECK out of me, and, if you're lucky, I'll tell you how my day's been.

But first off, society and the media. Mainly the media. They can twist ANYTHING into something for the better or the worse. They can insult me to my face, but sugar-coat the insult and make me think that I'm being complimented. Huh.

The media's the main reason I NEVER want to become famous. They'd be nosing their way into EVERYTHING I do and say, and if I do ONE thing wrong or say ONE thing wrong, BOOM, they're going to comment on it. Meanwhile, Joe Schmoe over in Illonois who isn't famous at all did the EXACT SAME THING and nobody cares.

Also, society kind of makes it worse. Once they SEE what the media's posted, it's going to spread around the place, and everyone has permission to start hating me. If the media says that I'm a bad person, everyone will view me as a bad person. If they see me as a good person, everyone will be all 'Oh, I always liked her, she's so great'.

That's probably why I don't want to be popular as well. Everyone's going to know who you are and what you're doing/what you said/etc. I don't need that kind of stress on my shoulders PLUS my schoolwork. Besides, sometimes the popular crowd is a bunch of fake friends. I really don't need that in my life.

And now I get to move into the stereotypical high school relationship thing. Basically, everyone who isn't a nerd ends up with someone else. And I don't exactly consider myself a 'nerd', but I don't consider myself a popular kid.

Anyways, there's this guy I think likes me, and I don't like him. Awkward. And THEN tomorrow's Valentine's Day. Super Awkward. And I know that if he DOES like me, he WOULD ask me out or whatever, and if I said 'no' his heart would probably crack in half. I REALLY don't need this kind of stress, guys. It's going to be horrible and stressful tomorrow. I'm probably going to avoid him all tomorrow. But if he realizes that I'm avoiding him then he'll become super self-conscious.

UUUUUUGH. Why ME? Why couldn't it be my other friend? Or, even better, one of my (few) enemies? Why ME, of all people? The girl who's been called ugly and overall unattractive since she was little? Why not the pretty girl who probably knows how to handle it?

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Tomorrow's post will (hopefully) be more cheerful.

Toodles!
Beth (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to.