Saturday, January 26, 2013

Post-NaNo Blues

I know that I should have probably posted something like this, you know, in December. Even early January would have been forgiveable! But it's almost February. Just... just no. I shouldn't be posting this. (But I'm going to anyways because I want to)

So, during NaNoWriMo, people write like heck to reach that 50,000 word count goal. If it involves not sleeping as much, eating a LOT more sugary stuff/drinking more coffee, or WHATEVER else it takes, writers will get that 50K in a month.
That being said, once NaNos over, we finally get the chance to relax and go back to (somewhat) normal life. So we kind of hit a slump in our word count. Basically, if I don't finish my novel by the end of NaNo, it probably won't be finished for a while. And that's what has been going on for over two months. Procrastination.
I hit 50,000 words in one month, and now I'm barely fitting in, what, 10,000?! If that? It's really not been a productive couple of months for me.

So my characters are being whiney, and I haven't gone anywhere. I mean, seriously, I probably JUST hit the halfway mark in my novel today. A couple hours ago. Right before dinnertime. It's been REALLY slow going.
And THAT'S why I'm excited for April. It's Camp NaNoWriMo (SUPER early this year), so I can enjoy some cabin buddy closeness (not that I had any last year. In June, I failed miserably and wouldn't dare show my face, and in August nobody else ever got online much). But this year, I'm going to change cabins if I have any issues with nonactive cabinmates.

Yeah, there was really no point in this post, but I haven't posted in a while, so be glad that you got anything at all.
But I've been so counterproductive with my writing. RARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHHH!!!! MEEEEEEEERP *GRUNT*

That's all,
Beth (not really)

UPDATE: I'm probably going to be changing around the template for the blog (maybe even the title), but the URL will stay the same, don't worry. Plus, I'm adding a new page, which I think will be amusing. So check out my 'Meetin the Charries' page once I put it up, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to.