Saturday, December 1, 2012

Post-NaNo week

It's truly a sad day for Wrimos who loved participating in this year's especially crazy, fun-as-ever National Novel Writing Month. For... it is the day after NaNoWriMo. Today and beyond we'll have to go back to living normal lives, not feeling the pressure and excitement of trying to write a novel in a month.
The craziness of the year is over.. just in time for Christmas. I got my shopping done early, what about all of you guys? ;D

My novel was successful. Well, the part of the novel I have completed has been successful, anyways. I have won, and will be getting my winnings tomorrow. I'll be getting five free copies of my novel for writing 50K words in a month. I'm quite content, if I do say so myself.
That's been my greatest Christmas present already. Admittedly, it'll probably be my greatest Christmas present. World Peace and Tolerance for everyone isn't exactly something Santa can wrap up and toss under my non-existant Christmas Tree.
Then again, most of the things I want Santa can't wrap up and toss under my non-existant Christmas Tree until it's existant.
Anyways, back to the end of NaNoWriMo. I figured I'd put up a few stats before I finally accept that it's over for a while. I mean, sure there's Camp NaNoWriMo, but there are never as many people and it's just not the same as NaNoWriMo in November.
Sooo... time for stats.

Username: Smartiez101
Average Word Count Per Day: 2,050
Words Written Today: Event Finished
Target Word Count: 50,000
Target Average Words Per Day: 1,667
Total Words Written: 61,500 [WINNER!]
Words Remaining: 0
Current Day: Event Finished
Days Remaining: Event Finished
At This Rate You Will Finish On: December 1, 2012
Words Per Day to Finish on Time: -

It's always sad seeing that 'Event Finished' note. It's as if they want to remind us over and over that our lives must go back to normal. We have to go back to working hard in school or at work, and we don't all share that crazy bliss that once we get home, we can go back to our computers.
Heck, that doesn't mean for an instant that I'll be leaving the forums. Those forums are quite amazing, and I love everybody on them.

Anyways, that's all for now,
Beth (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to.