Thursday, November 15, 2012

Writing a Novel in a Month, and Yet Life Goes On...

Since the original reason I started this blog was to talk about my writing, I'll be jumping aorund that topic. I'll be talking about my... loooovely school and social life. The first of that statement is pretty depressing, but thankfully, despite writing a novel in a month, my social life lives on! Yay! Go social life!
So, I'll start with my schedule and what I think of it.
1st Period: Band. It's a nice class, but most of the time our teacher helps us just get out better tones, and we never get a lot of music done during band. Also, with my next class, I can't help but feel dread every time I look at the clock.
2nd Period: Geometry. The class isn't that hard, but it's a pretty boring class. There are tons of quizzes and tests all the time, and it's right before lunch so I can never focus during it.
3rd Period: AVID. This is seriously a class just to prepare me for college. It's awkward because my brother is in the same class as me. Anyways, it's another dread class because of the class after THAT. It's not always fun, either.
4th Period: Spanish. Not fun. I dread this class every morning and since it's before we leave, seems to take a million years to go through. This is that one class that everyone will always have every year. The class that everyone dreads because of the *coughs* teacher *coughs*.

5th Period: Biology. It'd be a pretty boring class, since it's early in the morning, but I sit between two friends who are always chatting and threatening to kill each other. So it's really great fun.
6th Period: Honors World History. Most of this class involves busy-work, so I can never really enjoy it.
7th Period: Honors English. This class is a lot more amusing with my teacher, but most of my friends aren't in my classes. *sighs*
8th Period: Seminar. This is basically a study hall where you imagine that the teacher would let you just do whatever? Nah, my seminar involves silence while working or reading. So I sneak my school laptop in the room and pretend to be working for Honors English. Hee.

Now, my social life's a lot better. I have awesome friends who are super random. The only problem? Two of my three closest friends say that, if at Hogwarts, they'd be in Gryffindor. I'm definitely either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, so they tease me about getting thrown in Azkaban. Nobody appreciates a Slytherin child *dramatic sigh*.
Me and my friends hang out all the time. Most of the time we're at the nearby cafe, or in the bowling alley at the claw machine (long story, don't ask). Every day is a new adventure filled with awesomeness, and going home to a very anticlimactic home.

And so now I'm done with my regular life. Now I get to go on to my Novel life! I can't talk about NaNo, though, since I've already commented on that in two different posts. So I'll just say that my novel is coming along well (over 40,000 words out of 50,000 and it's only halfway through the month). Hope everyone's doing well.

Love,
Beth (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to.