Thursday, May 17, 2012

Complete Shocker...

Well, today my dad told me something that completely turned my day around. I was going over the blog of Elizabeth Anne McKinney (she has my middle name and I might potentially choose Elizabeth/Beth as a penname! Isn't that awesome?), the author of Sons and Daughters: Young Falcon. That is literally the only thing (besides time to write the weekend after) I asked for on my birthday. It turns out she's a Christian too! Awesomesauce!
Well, I told my dad (he pretended to be shocked that I wanted something for my birthday, and of course I've been saying I want Young Falcon for a week now) that little fact, and he did some 'Oh really?' things, and asked how old she is. She's sixteen right now, fifteen when it was published.
Huge shocker? He seemed interested. "Hey, how'd YOU like to be a published author when you're fifteen?" Don't get me wrong. He didn't just ask 'I'll get something published for you.' but more of a 'It'd be pretty cool, wouldn't it?' I told him it'd take a whole lot of editing and work, and he was all 'That's true, but it'd be so worth it!'
Why is this a shocker? Most parents encourage kids to do something big like that, right? My dad has always been more of a 'yeah, if you work hard at it you could actually do something in college!' Basically, hints at my NOT trying to publish a book while in his home. This completely turned around my ideas of waiting until I'm out of the house, books all ready to be sent to different agents, to finally search for agents/companies/etc.
Well, Cheese and Crackers! That's a shocker! I could, once done with my trilogy, start editing them, rewriting parts, and potentially, by the time I'm fifteen, start sending them out! Of course, all of this in hope that my dad was being serious when he thought it'd be cool to see his daughter as a published author in his house.
Now, question time. I HOPE you guys will answer this time, since most of the time you DON'T. :3 So, go over to the 'Trapped Series' overview (I have it updated, right? If not I'll update it after I finish writing this post) and look at the idea of the stories. Do you REALLY think they should be published, or do they belong in the bottom of my files on my flash drive? No complete spam though. A 'yes' or 'no' and why would suffice, and NO saying it's complete Cheese and Crackers (crap) and that they suck so bad it's embarassing that you're looking at them.

Thanks.

Beth (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to.